Working together to make our Green New Deal real, including hands-on volunteer projects such as:
- Composting for waste reduction and soil fertility
- Tree planting, urban agriculture, and edible forest farming
- Healthy food distribution
Upcoming practical projects you can sign up for.
October and November tree plantings
Call for volunteers
You’re invited to join the Izaak Walton League in collaboration with Allegheny Land Trust, Scouts at Guyasuta, Troop 344 and other volunteers in planting trees in October and November.
Saturday, October 22, 10:00 a.m.
East Side Cemetery, Sharpsburg
Saturday October 29, 10:00 a.m.
Devils Hollow, Sewickley Township
Saturday, November 5, 10:00 a.m.
Venango Trails, Robinson Township
Trees to Be Planted
- 600 speckled alder for two woodcock habitat projects (300 each for Devil’s Hollow and Greenwood Cemetery)
- 300 grey dogwood (Allegheny Land Trust, Guyasuta Camp, Harrison Hills County Park, perhaps Ruth Weir Park)
- 100 ninebark (distributed among various project sites)
- 150 buttonbush (needs wet; distributed based on wet among projects)
- 50 inkberry holly (distributed among projects)
- 100 winterberry (needs wet; distributed based on wet among projects)
Sign up here if you and/or your organization is interested in participating or please contact Mike Stout at email@example.com.
If you’d like to help plan or carry out other practical projects or if you’re interested in learning about our educational projects and political action, please fill out this form to let us know your primary interests, skills, and experience.